Global Shapers Norfolk is calling on Hampton Roads' Millennials to participate in its #WeAre757Millennials social media campaign June 23 - July 26, 2016.
Global Shapers Norfolk is launching its #WeAre757Millennials social media campaign on Thursday, June 23, 2016.
Reflecting Global Shapers Norfolk’s Mission (“To activate 757 millennials to drive creative change locally and share ideas globally”), the one-month social media movement will showcase the diversity of voice, experience, and perspective of Hampton Roads' millennials via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter posts. Together with photos, videos, and stories from you and others, we'll demonstrate millennial diversity, our generation's many contributions to our region, and our interest on issues impacting the future of the 757.
As part of the campaign, millennial leaders have signed up to use our Instagram for one day, showing a day in their life and telling their perspectives on issues facing millennials. At the same time, we’re also encouraging all millennials in the 757 to use the hashtag #WeAre757Millennials when making posts about what makes our region great and what we need to improve in order to attract and retain millennials in HRVA.
The campaign will conclude with Norfolk Shapers live tweeting the "international perspective on the 757" from "Shape North America" in Minneapolis: a conference with Shapers from Hubs around the world.
These are the goals of the #WeAre757Millennials Campaign:
- Increase thought-leadership opportunities for Hampton Roads' millennials
- Elevate millennial voices on issues impacting the future of the region
- Encourage activation on issues of personal interest
- Contribute ideas to improve the 757 region to retain and attract millennials
- Show regional collaboration between 757 millennials
Here are the discussion themes for each week:
- June 23: Weekly Theme -- “Economic Development in the Region”
- June 30: Weekly Theme -- “Reinventing Civic Engagement in the Region”
- July 7: Weekly Theme -- “The 757 Identity: Region of Change or Stasis”
- July 14: Weekly Theme -- “Shaping the Future of the Region”
- July 21: Weekly Theme -- ShapeNA16 -- “International Perspective on the 757”
At the end of the campaign, we look forward to sharing the results from our discussions and key insights on the millennial perspective to city councils in each city in Hampton Roads.
The social campaign launches on June 23, 2016 and ends on July 26, 2016.